This appeal was received pursuant to subsection 50(1) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act 1987, (the "Act") which gives a person who has made a request for access to a record under subsection 24(1) a right to appeal any decision of a head under the Act to the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
The facts of this case and the procedures employed in making this Order are as follows:
1. On April 25, 1988, the Ministry of Health (the "institution") received a request for access to the specific salaries for the following positions at Peterborough Civic Hospital (the "hospital"):
- Executive Director
- Assistant Executive Directors for the following areas:
- clinical services
- patient care services
- hospital services
- financial services
- personnel, community relations and fund-raising.
2. Institution denied access to the information pursuant to subsection 21(3)(f) of the Act.
3. On June 7, 1988, the requester appealed the decision of the institution, and I gave notice of the appeal to the institution.