The Ontario Crown Employees Grievance Settlement Board (the institution) received a request under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the Act) for access to:
All documentation, including grievance application forms, legal briefs, evidence exhibits, correspondence, etc. relating to:
OPSEU and the Ministry of Health GSB File No. 1572/88.
The requester indicated that he had appeared as a witness in the proceeding and presented evidence. He requested copies of all records, including the documentary evidence which was summoned and provided to the institution as part of the grievance proceeding.
The institution denied access to the records pursuant to sections 14(1)(e), 17(1)(d), 20 and 21 of the Act, and the requester appealed the institution's decision to this office.
During the course of mediation, the appellant agreed to narrow the scope of his request to the following records:
1) copies of letters to Margaret Risk, Executive Director, College of Nurses of Ontario from the appellant, dated September 9, 1988 (5 pages);
2) copy of a letter to Vicky Wolf, Complaints and Discipline, College of Nurses of Ontario from the appellant, dated September 20, 1988 (1 page);
3) copies of letters to the appellant and five others from Gail Gitterman, Director, Complaints and Discipline, College of Nurses of Ontario dated September 20, 1988 (11 pages);
4) copies of letters to the appellant and five others from Gail Gitterman, dated September 27, 1988 (6 pages);
5) copy of Minutes from Joint Occupational Health & Safety Local 307 meeting, dated December 8, 1988 (4 pages); and
6) decision of the institution in GSB File No. 1572/88 (OPSEU and the Ministry of Health) (4 pages).