- Your Health Privacy Rights in Ontario
- Requesting Your Personal Health Information
- Correcting Your Personal Health Information
- Consent and Your Personal Health Information
- What You Need to Know About Your Health Card
- Accessing the Personal Health Information of a Deceased Relative
- PHIPA Code of Procedure
Requesting Your Personal Health Information
Your personal health information is perhaps the most sensitive and intimate information you have. Understandably, you want to be ensured that it is being handled properly and responsibly.
We ensure your statutory health privacy rights are protected.
Our office oversees the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Ontario’s health privacy legislation. PHIPA establishes rules on how your personal health information is collected, used and disclosed within the health sector. As a patient in Ontario, PHIPA gives you greater control over how your personal health information is handled by health information custodians.
PHIPA’s objective is to strike a balance between keeping your personal health information confidential and secure, while allowing for the effective delivery of health care services.
If you are ready, you can fill out a form to:
Nov 02 2015
Dec 01 2004
Nov 01 2015
Oct 01 2004