- Download the Part X guide
- Terms used in this guide
- Does Part X of the CYFSA apply to you?
- Collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
- Consent and capacity
- Elements of consent
- Consent may be implied in some cases
- Consent may be written or verbal
- Presumption of consent’s validity
- Conditional consent and withdrawal of consent
- Capacity to consent
- Substitute decision-makers
- Safeguarding and managing personal information
- Access to records of personal information
- Individual’s right of access
- Access exceptions
- Is the record dedicated primarily to the provision of service to the individual?
- How are access requests made?
- Service provider’s response to access requests
- Substitute decision-makers can request access
- Correction of records
- Offences and immunity
- The role of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
Correction of records
Under Part X, individuals have the right to request correction to records of their personal information, with limited exceptions. As with access requests, service providers must respond to correction requests within 30 calendar days and are not permitted to charge fees. In the following section, we review individuals’ correction rights, exceptions, and detailed rules for how you must respond.
This post is also available in: French