- Privacy Complaints
- Protecting Personal Information
- Preventing and Managing Breaches
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- De-Identification Centre
- Data and Technology Management
- Privacy in Ontario schools
Surveillance refers to any activity that monitors behaviours, actions or communications. Government institutions may employ surveillance techniques for legitimate purposes, such as law enforcement, but must take steps to ensure that their use of surveillance technology and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information collected during surveillance activities is done in accordance with access and privacy legislation. The IPC provides guidance on the use of various surveillance technologies, as well as the management of personal information collected during surveillance activities.