What if I do not agree with my service provider’s decision about my capacity to make decisions about my own personal information?

If your service provider decides that you are not capable of making decisions about your personal information, and you disagree with them, you can challenge the decision through Ontario’s Consent and Capacity Board. This board reviews cases where there is a disagreement about whether you are capable of making decisions about your own personal information.

You can find the forms you need to challenge a decision on the Consent and Capacity Board’s website.

Help us improve our website. Was this page helpful?
When information is not found


  • You will not receive a direct reply. For further enquiries, please contact us at @email
  • Do not include any personal information, such as your name, social insurance number (SIN), home or business address, any case or files numbers or any personal health information.
  • For more information about this tool, please see our Privacy Policy.