- Download the Part X guide
- Terms used in this guide
- Does Part X of the CYFSA apply to you?
- Collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
Consent and capacity
- Elements of consent
- Consent may be implied in some cases
- Consent may be written or verbal
- Presumption of consent’s validity
- Conditional consent and withdrawal of consent
- Capacity to consent
- Substitute decision-makers
- Safeguarding and managing personal information
Access to records of personal information
- Individual’s right of access
- Access exceptions
- Is the record dedicated primarily to the provision of service to the individual?
- How are access requests made?
- Service provider’s response to access requests
- Substitute decision-makers can request access
- Correction of records
- Offences and immunity
- The role of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
Download the Part X guide