Type: cyfsa faq

If your service provider cannot or will not correct your record, they must tell you why in writing. They also must let you add a written statement to your file that describes why you believe the information is wrong.

If your service provider does not make the changes you’ve asked for, contact them to see if they can work with you to find a solution. If you are still having problems, you or your substitute decision-maker can make a complaint to the IPC. Your complaint must be filed with our office within six months after your service provider denies your request or does not respond to it.

Learn more about your correction rights in the IPC’s It’s About You brochure.

This post is also available in: French