File a health privacy complaint

Can I file a complaint if I feel my personal health information has been breached?

If you feel that your personal health information has been improperly collected, used and disclosed, or if you have concerns about a health information custodian’s information management practices, you should contact the health information custodian and attempt to resolve the matter directly.

If you feel that the matter cannot be resolved, you can file a privacy complaint with our office within 12 months of becoming aware of the problem.

File a Health Information Privacy Complaint now (online).

Download the Privacy Complaint Form (PDF) and mail it to:

Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
1400-2 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8


This post is also available in: French